VUNA is a DFID-funded 3-year regional Climate Smart Agriculture programme, implemented by Adam Smith International in 5 countries in East and Southern Africa. The name VUNA means “harvest” in many languages in East and Southern Africa including Tanzania.
In Tanzania VUNA works with government, private sector companies and regional organisations to deliver projects with the following focus on: –
- Increasing the availability and use of CSA evidence,
- Promote and enabling policy environment on CSA Strategy and Coordination,
- Improved CSA Training of farmers and out-growers,
- Helping governments navigate the processes, systems and requirements of accessing global Climate Finance for CSA,
- Improving and promoting the Measuring,
- Reporting and Verification (MRV) of CSA activities in the country and
- Innovating Agricultural Business Models focusing on out grower Capacity Development in maize, rice and legumes.